I found a many posts and comments under blogs asking for help with this issue. Once you update search display template, alert should appear in search result types asking for synchronization properties due to changes.

Properties Sync Alert

But it doesn’t. This seems to be a common problem. I’ve been fighting with it as well. Here are my findings.

1) First of all: you should NEVER update the out of the box display templates
Instead of that, create a copy of existing template, rename the file and change display template title. For example you won’t be able to add custom search properties into the OOB display template.

2) DO NOT TOUCH .js template file
It’s something like system file. You should only update .html template. Once you will upload your customized .html file, the .js file will be created, or updated automatically.

3) Property Sync alert will be shown only when new property is added to template
It won’t be displayed when you change the visual page, or you will be updating native (out of the box) display template.

4) Sometimes even when you are doing everything right the alert won’t appear
Don’t forget you are working with SharePoint… Sometimes, you have to push it to make it work. For this issue, we can use powershell that will force update.

$ssa = Get-SPEnterpriseSearchServiceApplication

$tenantOwner = Get-SPEnterpriseSearchOwner -Level SPWeb -SPWeb "https://dev.contoso.com/search/"

Get-SPEnterpriseSearchResultItemType -Owner $tenantOwner -SearchApplication $ssa

$ResultType = Get-SPEnterpriseSearchResultItemType -SearchApplication $ssa -Owner $tenantOwner | where-object { $_.Name -eq "CustomResultType" }

$ssa.UpdateResultItemType($ResultType)

Of course I’ve been naive and I tried to update native result type. I’ve got an error:

Exception calling "UpdateResultItemType" with "1" argument(s): "built-in objects are immutable"

This message is pretty straight forward, you can’t do any change to out of the box result types ;)

5) Make sure property is searchable
Another issue I had was displaying a Manager property in People search. You need to enable Alias and Indexed in User Profile Service for this property and do a full crawl. This is needed for all other profile properties that you wanna display in search results.

Sources:
[1] How to display values from custom managed properties in search results – option 1
[2] Updating Display Templates in SharePoint 2013 Search

There are 2 ways how you can download upladed Infopath form template from your library or list.

The first available option is to navigate to Library settings and select Advanced settings. Under the document template, you have available a link to edit the template. DO NOT click on it, otherwise it will open it in Infopath directly. Use right click on the link and select Save as. The template will download to your local drive.
infopath2

The second (but not always possible) option is to use Explorer view.
In the library, click Library in Ribbon and select Explorer view.
explorerview
In the explorer view, the template should be available in Forms folder, via explorer view, you can copy&paste any file from SharePoint to your local drive.

This time I’ve been fighting with Visual Studio. I’ve been working on a SharePoint solution with administrator’s account and I decided to switch and continue development under my regular account (with privileges of administrator). So I have logged into server with my account and opened my solution. First Visual Studio Error has appeared after few moments:

The Site URL property of the project does not contain a valid URL. To ensure that designers work as expected, set the Site URL property of the project to the URL of a SharePoint server. Close all designers, and then open them again.

I ignored the error as I checked the Site URL property and the property was correctly set. But then I noticed that ascx.g.cs file of my Visual WebPart disappeared and I could not build a solution anymore. I have searched a lot and I found only advices like Site Collection has to exist or has to be accessible for user. But the reason of this issue was that I didn’t have permissions to deploy solution to farm. The same permissions you need when you run Management shell and you see “The farm is not accessible” welcome message. You need to add permissions for your users in SQL.